Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Triads and Quadrangles: End of Love

Yesterday I asked a bunch of friends to suggest new songs to put in my iPod and this was one of my favorites. Lately I've realized that no matter how liberated I ever try to be, I'll still be susceptible to jealousy, attachment, heartbreak,etc. I've avoided men all these years for fear that I would get too needy, and guess what! I got needy. But it wasn't the end of the world. I'm a person. I need stuff. And plenty of people can give it.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got from a therapist was "Let yourself be wrong and sometimes stupid." It does feel supremely stupid to get sad sometimes, when I know I am one of the luckiest people ever.

Surviving? Sure. Of course. As long as there's trees and birds and students and music. But letting myself get the blues is sometimes the only way to get to feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment