Friday, September 30, 2011

Poetic License Horoscopes for September 30-October 6: A Fresh Start Mixtape!

Libra (Sept. 24-Oct. 21):  Rush (Big Audio Dynamite): “Situation no win. Rush for a change of atmosphere.” It’s not as dire as that...just let go of anything that’s weighing you down, anything that costs more than it gives. So very much is waiting.

Scorpio (Oct. 22-Nov. 22): Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen): “Hey what else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair.Well the night's busting open, these two lanes will take us anywhere.”  Take a leap-of-faith road trip on to your next big thing.

Sagittarius (Nov. 23-Dec. 22): Plenty Is Never Enough (Tenement Halls): “Oh, come out with me love, we’ll disappear in the evening light. Oh, come out with me, love, into a  world that’s sparkly bright.” Sparkly bright like you! Your constant wishes for everything are beginning to pay off.


Capricorn (Dec. 23-Jan. 20): Cherry Red (Ida Maria): “I’m gonna be your girl tonight. I’m gonna make you apple pie. I’m gonna wear my cherry red, I’m gonna give you lots of…” luck! Everything pretty and sweet is rushing towards you, dizzy and at top speed.

Aquarius (Jan. 21-Feb. 19): The Suburbs (as covered by Mr. Little Jeans): “Sometimes I can’t believe it, I’m moving past the feeling.” Things you never thought you’d be able to forget, like the poems hidden behind the bookshelves and the heartbreakers and the fears, they’re playing a smaller part every day.
Pisces (Feb. 20-March 20): This Too Shall Pass (OK Go): I know I’ve told you this before, and so has Ok Go, and we stars tell it to ourselves, and sometimes it seems ridiculous. Whatever you’re in the middle of always seems permanent. Watch the nice video with the Rube Goldberg machine, though, for whatever it’s worth.

Aries (March 21-April 18): Walking With a Ghost (Tegan and Sara): Whatever’s haunting you, whatever dramas you’ve had to slog through, it’ll disappear soon, float up towards the heavens like the perfect ephemera that it is.

Taurus (April 19-May 18): He Got Game (Public Enemy): “It might feel good, might sound a lil’ somethin’, but damn the game if it don’t mean nothin’.” You’ve managed to distill your lovely life down to only the most important things, keep at it.

Gemini (May 19-June 21): Defying Gravity (Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth): Belting out this song at the dinner table the other day with my sister was one of the highlights of ever, as was listening to children occasionally hit some of the notes during the summer camp play month before last. Pick something equally big and loud and belt it out with abandon.

Cancer (June 22-July 23): Ellen and Ben (Dismemberment Plan): “You know how I love a surprise.”  I really don’t like this song at all, but I do like the way it keeps up its hopes at the end, in spite of everything. Surprises do happen, so you really never know!

Leo (July 24-Aug. 23) I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick): “I'll shine up the old brown shoes, put on a brand-new shirt. I'll get home early from work if you say that you love me.” Do any little thing you can for love, and it will love you back.

Virgo (Aug. 24-Sept. 23): Roll Away Your Stone (Mumford and Sons): “Stars, hide your fires, for these here are my desires, and I won’t give them up to you this time around.” Stop taking less than you deserve. Stop accepting dumb excuses. Burn bridges if you have to, it’ll work out in the end.












No comments:

Post a Comment