Thursday, September 15, 2011

Resigning the Philly Slam


Dear friends,

As of last night, Amy and I resigned our participation in the Philadelphia Poetry Slam due to irreconcilable differences with the slam master, Sherod Smallman. We have tried over the years to resolve these differences but at this point I feel that continued participation would be putting my mental health at risk.

I feel very sad to be giving up the venue that I love so much, espcially since I'll be giving up the chance to collaborate with Hannah and Matt McDonald and MJ Harris, all of whom are wonderful and can make such nice things happen.

For the people I've booked so far, as far as I know, your dates still stand. I will get you the contact info for whoever fills my slot ASAP. I am very sorry to miss the chance to host you.

I love you all so much. Thanks for understanding.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment