Monday, April 27, 2015

Light-ful Viktor Frankl Quote

My friend and I have a tiny book club to read Man's Search for Meaning for 10 minutes a day. It's bringing me a surprising amount of health--once an Existentialist, always an Existentialist, I guess.

This is the quote that has always stuck with me, and I'd like it to stick with me some more:

"In a last violent protest against the hopelessness of imminent death, I sensed my spirit piercing through the enveloping gloom. I felt it transcend that hopeless, meaningless world, and from somewhere I heard a victorious "Yes" in answer to my question of the existence of an ultimate purpose. In that moment a light was lit in a distant farmhouse, which stood on the horizon as if painted there, in the midst of the miserable grey of a dawning morning in Bavaria. "Et lux in tenebris lucet"--and the light shineth in the darkeness."


No comments:

Post a Comment