Monday, November 21, 2016

Motivation Monday: Make Calls Against White Supremacists!

These weeks after Election Day have been so sad, but there is a silver lining--I've seen people reaching out with love so much to each other, and I've seen my local community pull together even more than before. Last Friday night I was lucky enough to attend a phone bank at Big Blue Marble Bookstore (Just a few doors down from my apartment because I'm the luckiest!) to make calls against Trump's plan to appoint white supremacist leader Steve Bannon as one of his top advisers. The call list only takes about a half hour and you can do it any time you want. If you're shy, call after five and leave voicemails--those are counted too.

We can't give up now. We have to do everything we can to preserve America's heart and soul and to protect our friends and neighbors from the swell of hate we're only just beginning to understand. The Bid Blue Marble is planning calls every Friday night, and I'll share the phone lists and scripts whenever I get them. Thanks for continuing to be awesome! <3 p="">




No comments:

Post a Comment