Monday, December 6, 2010

Eggnog Bread Pudding!


Yesterday, in spite of a cold and a Mathapocalypse, we got our second Christmas tree ever. I used to think that we couldn't have one because we don't have kids, but that was just DUMB. Having a tree makes us so happy, and it makes me feel like my family counts, even if we're just 2 ladies and two cats. The tree isn't decorated yet, but it is smelling up the house so nicely!

I think this will be our yearly We-Got-Our-Tree celebratory dessert.I made it last year, inspired by the Eggnog themed episode of Iron Chef. Serve with hot chocolate and a Bored to Death Marathon.

Egg Nog Bread Pudding!

Preheat oven to 350.

Put 3 to 5 cups of stale bread(I used Amoroso's rolls, but a fancy whole grain is nice, too) into a round casserole dish.

Stir together:
2 cups eggnog
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg


Pour the mixture over the bread, the sprinkle with a little brown sugar.

Put in the oven for 45 mins. (After about 20 mins, press the bread down into the custard mixture a little more and sprinkle some more brown sugar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment