Monday, May 30, 2011

May Resolutions Check-In



Virgo it up.

Even though I don’t believe in astrology, I do like the idea of myself having Virgo traits: practicality, fidelity, fruitfulness, etc.

Though I’ve been decidedly un-Virgolike in some alarming new ways this month, I’ve come to especially appreciate the fidelity between me and Amy. I love how honest we are with each other, even though she might sometimes enjoy having a little less information. I trust her to be there for me whenever I need help, and she does the same. I never want to take that for granted or stop showering her with ridiculous affection.

Sit outside more.

Yes. Sitting outside always makes things seem brighter and clearer. Amy and I made a regular date to go sit in this cute little park every Wednesday evening. It’s one of the things I look forward to most about this summer.

Be Less Abstracted.

I’m just going to have to forgive myself for abstraction. I’m going through some scary transitions tight now and I feel overwhelmed by them. Who knows how I will make it through my teacher certification program, how I’ll handle the summer schedule, how I’ll find time to care for my writing life or my love life. In the span of two months, I found and (maybe permanently) lost a love/friend and I have a lot to grieve and process about that. So if I need to space out in front of Tetris or over-check my email or be really up to date on everyone’s statuses or redo my entire iPod, maybe I’ll just go ahead and cut myself a break about it.

Find a good summer job and get my class schedule settled.

Check.

Make some more art.

Yes! Of course! I may even have a show coming up! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment