Thursday, June 23, 2011

Song of the Week: With Arms Outstretched

This week has been kind of difficult. After my first day of settling into online teacher certification classes, I felt like a zombie and kind of panicked. I was catastrophizing all over the place,thinking I'd get writer's block forever, thinking my soul might die, feeling about a million miles away from an actual classroom or anything besides the grey grey grey of online discussion boards. While I was sniveling all this out to Amy, we were watching the first episode of Weeds, and this song came on. It made me cry even more, but in a nice way.

Today I'm not as worried. Yesterday when I turned in my homework for the week, I felt a glimmer of progress. A helpful friend who's been through this process said yes, it's awful and mind-numbing, but suggested that I not fight the current, and that makes a lot of sense.

Also! This song has excellent xylophone!

No comments:

Post a Comment