Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Triads and Quadrangles: Oh, Learning Curve.

I am having such a block about men: I just can't believe that I'm at all desirable to them, and even if I am, I don't know what to do with that desire most of the time. Today I started to console myself by thinking of the  Intermediate Algebra class I took last fall--I hadn't taken a math class in, like, two decades, and at first it seemed impossible. I sobbed my way through most of the homework and even once or twice threw the book across the room, sitcom-style. I studied my head off, though, used all of the supplemental material, watched the nice lady on the video that came with my textbook, got extra tutoring from a patient friend, and got a B in the class. The next semester, in Linear Math, I got an A even though I spent almost all of the class time writing poems. Now I almost kinda feel good at math.

So maybe it's like that? Just another block to get through? Something that might not seem impossible some day? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment